Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's Final!

A couple of weeks ago, we headed to the Summit County Courthouse for the finalization of Isaac's adoption. I went back and looked at my posts from about a year ago--on September 7, 2008 I had written about God setting the lonely in families. On September 8, 2009, our family officially became a little more complete. (Not completely complete--we're already ready for Isaac to have a little brother or sister.)

Many people asked me leading up to the finalization if I was nervous or worried. I really wasn't. Everything was in place, this was just the last legal hurdle that had to be jumped. I honestly wasn't that excited about having to go through with the hearing--I felt like I would be fine if they just sent me a letter saying it was all done. But I think I'm glad there was this official event. The pictures below are very special, I think. Obviously, we have loved Isaac as our own son since we first laid eyes on him. But now we have pictures showing us standing in front of a judge, saying that we will love him as our son forever and ever. Not every child gets such an official expression of love and commitment from his parents.






Posted by Picasa

No comments: